Berlin, November 11, 2089 – A blinding flash of light eradicates the divided city.
For a moment, there is peace. Then time rewinds.
Berlin, April 18, 2016 – inbetweengames, a new indie studio from some of the people behind Spec Ops: The Line, Dead Island 2, and the team of The Mammoth: A Cave Painting, are terrified to announce their first commercial game.
All Walls Must Fall is a tech-noir spy thriller set in Berlin 2089 where the Cold War never ended. A game in the isometric action tactics genre, you command secret agents using time travel, social stealth and combat. Prevent nuclear annihilation. Bring down the Wall. Love, kill, and remix reality to explore the meaning of freedom in a parable reflecting upon current global issues in the mirror of a fantastic future past.
About All Walls Must Fall
All Walls Must Fall on Steam Early Access in Fall 2016.
Berlin, November 2089 – For 150 years of Cold War both sides have used temporal technology to counter each other’s every move. But this deadly love is finally coming to an end as a rogue nuclear strike has both sides sending agents back in time to find out who did it and how to prevent it before everything turns to ash forever.
Over the course of a journey that jumps and loops through a single night in the city, players will unravel the conspiracy keeping East and West locked in struggle and oppression. As lines between factions become blurred, choices become difficult. Which side to play? Who to side with? When both time and free will are an illusion – who can you really trust? Will your actions tear down the Wall, bring stability, or perpetuate a cycle of war and terror? In the end all walls must fall.
- Isometric action tactics game for download on PC and Mac
- Procedurally generated levels and campaign that plays different every time
- Developed by a team of former AAA professionals using Unreal Engine 4
- Tech-Noir Berlin as a divided city, in which the Cold War never ended
- A parable that reflects on free will, moral ambiguity and the meaning of freedom
- Mixed 2D/3D art style of a propaganda poster brought to life
- Mind-bending time manipulation abilities
- Pausable real-time tactics with actions on the beat of the music
- Synaesthetic nightclub environments and audio
- A simulation sandbox featuring crowd simulation and destructible environment
- A focus on player agency and expression fostering different play styles including combat, hacking and social stealth using specialized secret agent characters
- An inclusive representation of the people of Berlin featuring their diverse cultural, sexual and gender identities
inbetweengames is an indie development team in Berlin founded by three former YAGER veterans, who previously worked on Spec Ops: The Line and Dead Island 2. After years of working in the AAA mines and seeing their work cancelled on the altar of money they figured it was time to try something different. After making The Mammoth: A Cave Painting in 3 days for Ludum Dare 33 the team took the leap of faith and formed their own indie team to make the kind of games they would not get the chance to make otherwise.